Friday, January 23, 2009

Student Questions about Slavery

On Thursday, I asked each of my classes what they would like to know about slavery. While I unfortunately can't teach you everything about slavery like many of you asked, I can answer your questions that won't be addressed in class.

Here were your questions. The answers will appear beneath them as soon as I find them.
Why did slavery begin?
How did slavery begin?
Why did slavery last so long?
What did slaveowners think about slavery?
What did slaves do in their free time? Did they have free time?
When did the first slave ships arrive in North America? When did the first slave ships arrive in the United States?
Why were blacks made slaves, as opposed to another race?
Were Hispanic people slaves?

Check back for answers. Like I said, I'll post them as soon as I can find them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?