Thursday, August 27, 2009

Don't forget what we do in school.

We do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do.


For instance, right now, I have reading to do before the African American Slavery class I have tomorrow (It's Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11-11:50am). I can't find it online where the teacher said it should be. So am I going back to bed? No! I need to read this article so that I can discuss it with my classmates tomorrow. I need to read the article so I know why I study the things I study. I need to read the article so that one day, I can teach it to college students in my classroom one day.

So I'm not going back to sleep. I'm calling my professor and asking her if I can borrow her copy. I'm doing what I have to do so I can do what I want to do.

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Jolly, I'm Trang Tran. I was a Reed student last year. I stupidly transfered to another school my senior year and I regret that. Your blog is so wonderful. I can feel the spirit in your blog and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?