Friday, April 24, 2009

Homework - due Monday 4/27/2009

Interview your parents, your grandparents, or other adults who remember the Vietnam War to find out what they thought about the United States’ involvement in this conflict. The people you interview should have been old enough to be aware of the situation in Vietnam and develop opinions about it. Pose the following questions and add one or more of your own. Type your questions and answers – you must submit your interview by email, blog comment or on flash drive by Monday at 1pm.

If you cut and paste your interview and leave it as a comment on this blog, please use your first name and last initial and not your whole name(you don't want perverts hunting you down via Internet). Same with your interviewee.

-What is your name, what do you do, and how old are you?
-Where were you living in 1969?
-What did you think about the Vietnam War in 1969? Why did you have this opinion?
-What did you think of President Nixon in 1969? Why did you have this opinion?
-What is your opinion of the Vietnam War today? Have you changed your opinion since 1969? Why or why not?

1 comment:

  1. Trung Tran
    I interview my Grandfather.

    -What is your name, what do you do, and how old are you?
    My name is Hien Tran, I was a fisherman, and I'm 78 years old.
    -Where were you living in 1969?
    I was living in Quan Bing Tan, Vietname in 1969.
    -What did you think about the Vietnam War in 1969? Why did you have this opinion?
    The Vietnam War was outrageous. It was a horrible war that killed many of my friends who was drafted into war to protect South Vietnam. This is only my opinion because
    other people might think that this was a great war, and that the South held strong against the North.
    -What did you think of President Nixon in 1969? Why did you have this opinion?
    At the time I didnt really knew who was President Nixon. But after I left Vietnam to come to America I knew that he was the President of America who helped us fight against the North. I think he was a great person who helped us. He was a great deal for our country. This opinion is only what i think of him. and how I see him as compare to others who might think badly or doesnt think of him at all.
    -What is your opinion of the Vietnam War today? Have you changed your opinion since 1969? Why or why not?
    My opinion about the vietname war today would be. that it was stupid. and that everyone should choose to do what they want and not forced into something that they. No i havent
    change my opinion since 1969 because its what i still think of today.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?